FBC Springfield Children’s Ministry exists to help children know Jesus Christ, to help them begin a personal relationship with God, and to make Jesus known to others.
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
NURSERY | SUNDAY MORNINGS
Birth – 2 Years Old
Our Nursery is divided into three rooms:
The nursery is available during LIFE Groups and the 10:45 Worship Service. A nursing room is available in the back of the sanctuary beside the foyer and in the Children’s Building.
LIFE Groups | Sunday Mornings at 9:30 a.m.
3 Year Olds – 5th Grade
LIFE Groups are divided into four classes:
- 3 yrs old – Kindergarten (must be potty trained)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Grade
- 4th and 5th Grade
LIFE Groups study through the Bible using The Gospel Project curriculum. It is a three-year cycle that begins in Genesis and ends in Revelation.
CHILDREN’S CHURCH | Sunday Mornings at 10:45 a.m.
3 Years Old – 5th Grade
At FBC Springfield, we help your child connect to God through worship, Bible teaching, scripture memorization, and group discussions. Children will go directly from LIFE Groups to Children’s Church. After the Worship Service concludes, parents can return to the Children’s Building to pick up their children.
AWANA CLUBS | Sunday Evenings from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Babies – 8th Grade
Awana is a time of worship, small group learning, and verse memorization. The attendees are encouraged to learn scripture at home and then share the scripture in their small group time. Every week they participate in game time so appropriate shoes are required. Supper is served at 6:45 p.m. for Awana participants. See the Awana ministries page here for additional information.
Awana is divided into five classes:
- Puggies: Babies – 2 Year Olds
- Cubbies: 3-Years – Pre-Kindergarten
- Sparks: Kindergarten – 2nd Grade
- TNT: 3rd – 5th Grade
- JV: 6th – 8th Grade
MID-WEEK ACTIVITIES | Wednesday Evenings
Birth – 5th Grade
We continue to share God’s love with your child throughout the week during our mid-week activities:
- Children’s Choir
- Children’s Choir meets in the Choir Room in the Main Building. Please see Susan Hartzog with any questions.
- Dinner is served in the Children’s Building. Contact Jessica Walsh to register your child for dinner.
- Nursery: Babies
- Mission Friends: 2 Years – Kindergarten
- Mission Friends provides the building blocks of faith and a basic awareness of God’s love for all.
- Our Mission Friends group is divided into two classes:
- 2 – 3 Year Olds
- 4 Year Olds – Kindergarten
- Girls in Action (GA’s): 1st – 5th Grade Girls
- Girls in Action is a missions discipleship organization where girls learn, pray, give, and do missions work.
- Royal Ambassadors (RA’s): 1st – 5th Grade Boys
- Royal Ambassadors is a missions discipleship organization. RA members become a brotherhood through hands-on activities that encourage spiritual growth, games, and mentoring relationships with leaders.
Contact our Children’s Ministry Director for additional information.